Sunday, April 1, 2012

Live Oak



For a long time, I've been (occasionally) working on plein air paintings, but had not done any that I was pleased with. I had a vague sense of what I wanted to accomplish, but not a real concrete sense of the direction to go to get there. Recently (it was about 2 weeks ago, but I've been so busy I hadn't had time to post it) I painted this live oak and for the first time felt I was doing what I wanted and starting to move in the right direction. I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it.

10x12 oil on Raymar canvas panel

Sold

4 comments:

Kay said...

I think it is lovely..I especially like the freedom of brushstrokes. I dabble in plein air but finally had a bit of epiphany last summer when I forgot my brushes!!! I used a palette knife and felt some freedom of handling that I never had before. Plein air painting is fun.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I like what you do no matter what you paint. It is your viewpoint...how you choose to paint something which makes it special.
This painting is great and knowing YOU like it makes me like it even more.

Sue Harrell said...

It's beautiful - I love (and envy) your brushstrokes. It's a lovely rendition and gives the impression of peace and strength. So nice.

Virginia Floyd said...

I really like this. Great lights and darks, lovely greens, a great sense of calm. Well done!