Sunday, August 1, 2010

What's Come Between Us, Sold


6x6 oil on canvas panel

It's time for a series of summer tomatoes. Scallions are a nice touch and ... why not ... stripes. I'm busy painting madly to get enough done to keep posting through the soon-to-be-here next go round of day-into-night work marathon. It will start in just over a week, and I need to have 3 weeks worth of paintings. I'm aiming at at least 3 a week.
In the meantime, I also  have a lot to do for the art show my group hosts every August. I'm a busy girl. Not complaining (well not much) I'm glad to do it. Every year I see friends I don't see enough and, with luck, sell a little art. We've done well on sales every year, even last year was better than the one before, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Art sales have been awful slow this year.

10 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Ohhh, Caroline.....is that a rathscallion (sp)?

DJ said...

Here's to reflections, shadows, forms, and stripes! You Go Girl, and I pray your sales will be on the rise as you finish out the year.

Karen Bruson said...

Wow, you are busy. Love the tomatoes, and most of all, your stripes!

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Love the fresh summer feel of this one. The soft green between the orange/red really works, add the blue stripes and you have a lovely energetic painting. Awesome!

Catherine Jeffrey said...

P.S. And I thought I was busy...I think I will stop complaining now!

Unknown said...

Good luck & hope you have lots of sales. Lovely tomatoes and the stripes just set everything off.

Carmen Beecher said...

Absolutely gorgeous tomatoes and a great composition!

Janice said...

I LOVE this piece! Great job on colors and especially the composition!

Gwen Bell said...

I always love your tomatoes. You get the mix of colors spot on. The addition of the scallions on a crossing diagonal with the striped fabric is so fun and adds so much spark. You get better and better all the time!

I know you'll do great at your show!

Sandra Galda said...

great composition !!!