Friday, November 20, 2009

Remember Me, SOLD


And now for something completely different.
I've been looking at this little patinated bronze statue for awhile now, and decided to paint it today. The challenge for me was painting something so detailed while still keeping it loose. I also wanted to work on lost and found edges without blurring or blending, just by allowing the lost edges to be the same value as the background. You'll notice that both shoulders have a highlight, but the right one contrasts with the background and the left one is very close to the same value.
I really enjoyed the change of pace this painting gave me. I hope you enjoy seeing it.

2 comments:

LindaHunt said...

Carolyn,
This is very nice. Nice brush work.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.